Announcements & News
COUNTY OPERATIONS IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
- Carteret County Parks & Recreation Main Office: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. For more info, call: (252) 808-3301.
- Fort Benjamin Recreation Center: Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm, Sat. 9am-2pm. For more info, call: (252) 222-5858.
- Western Park Community Center: Mon-Sat, based on schedule of events. For more info, call: (252) 222-5836.
Beach Run Series 2021
Join us on Thursday May 13th for Beach Run # 1 of the 2021 Annual Beach Run Series.
Safety is our top priority for participants and staff. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be making a few changes to address the unique safety concerns of our present circumstances.
Changes to the Beach Run Series this year:
• All registrations will be electronic. There will be no paper registrations. Early registration will be held on our website prior to race day at for $7 per participant. Alternatively, you may register the day of the race at https://runsignup.com for $9 per participant.
• To begin the race, drive through our usual location: the parking lot at the Circle Bath House in Atlantic Beach, to pick up your race bib from a staff member, anytime between 5:15pm and 6:15pm.
• Put your race bib on and head down to the beach to start your run. Our intent is to maximize social distancing by staggering start times according to your individual time of arrival. There will be no waiting period, the race will begin when you arrive at the starting line.
With these adjustments in place, we hope to ensure a safer racing experience for your health and wellbeing. We look forward to having you!
To register today, visit the Program Pages: All Races | Race 1 | Race 2 | Race 3 | Race 4 | Race 5 | Race 6 | Race 7
2021 Youth Summer Camp
Our traditional Youth Summer Camp is back, and open to ages 6 through 11! Located at Fort Benjamin Recreation Center. Ages 6 to 8 are invited to attend camp July 12th to August 13th, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm. Ages 9 to 11 are invited to attend camp June 7th through July 9th, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm. There will be no Camp on Monday, July 5th. We will have a full schedule each day including games, crafts, field trips, fun projects, outdoor adventures, sports, movies and more! For more information, please call 252-222-5858 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, click here: Ages 6 to 8; Ages 9 to 11.
Adult Beach Volleyball
Adult Coed Beach Volleyball begins this Spring! Participants must be 18 years of age or older. Games will be played Monday and Wednesday nights at the Atlantic Beach circle. Each game will be played with 2 to 4 players on the court with a combination of men and women: teams cannot consist of all men or all women. The match is won by the team that wins 3 sets out of 5. Games are played to 21 points. For a complete list of rules for the 2021 season, please contact: AnMarie Ivester at 252-808-3301 or email@example.com. To register, visit the Program Page.
Glow in the Dark Capture the Flag
Join us Friday, April 30th from 7-9pm at Freedom Park in Beaufort for an evening of GLOW IN THE DARK FUN! We will be having multiple rounds of capture the flag, music and snacks! This event is open for all middle school aged youth, registration is $5/participant. Don’t wait, register today space is limited. Pre-Registration is required. For more information, or to register today, visit the Program Page.
Yoga For All
Yoga is beneficial at any age, but for seniors, a regular yoga practice will keep old age at bay. It helps us to reverse some of the aging process by gaining health, wellness, strength, and endurance. Senior Yoga Classes are held Thursdays at Western Park, from 9:30am to 10:30am, at the cost of $10 per person, per session. Open to all adults over 50! For more information, contact Registered Yoga Teacher Pat Sorrell at 919-740-7535, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair Yoga is back at Western Park Community Center! Join us Thursday mornings beginning November 5th from 11:00am to 12:00pm for professional Chair Yoga guidance from instructor Pat Sorrell. Chair Yoga is open to all ages, and registration is only $10 per session. To register, contact Pat at email@example.com, or 919-740-7535.